Just A Small Guideline

Feel free to browse the site. Don't be afraid to leave comments, they're supportive.
Please follow me on Twitter @ehldmnt and retweet my posts.

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Harddrive Failure & The Troubles that Come With It

So, my last hard-drive failed, so I paid $20 to retrieve my old one and popped it in. I figured "It should work just fine if I just pacman -Syu." It had an older version of arch from like two months ago and everything. Then I realized that I had forgotten that it was a 32-bit harddrive! I had to pop the Archlinux CD into the computer and then update everything that was known on the system, as well as uncomment the multilib repository. But even then, that didn't stop the system from being buggy, so I just formatted the root partition and keep the home folder and all of my files. So now, my personal computer has become the project of the weekend. I hope I can get it done in time for some school work.

No comments: