Just A Small Guideline

Feel free to browse the site. Don't be afraid to leave comments, they're supportive.
Please follow me on Twitter @ehldmnt and retweet my posts.

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Returning to my roots: Tidbits on Bash Shell Scripting

Ah, while creating a small shell script to perform three tasks:

  • Upload to the Testing-PyPi Server (http://testinpypy.python.org/pypi))
  • Reduce the amount of typing on the command line.
  • Possibly provide a way that I could use it in another or different python script to automate this process.
  • (BONUS) Take down the task that I'd like to perform in natively python once I become much more proficient.
I quickly googled the means by which to pass user input to STD-IN to set it to a variable in bash and here is how it's done:



To learn more, pay a visit to the all mighty google. ;D

Follow me on Twitter! @ehldmnt

No comments: